Hot weather treat – Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas
I can’t always get my kids to eat their meal but I know they will always eat dessert. Unfortunately, not the gluten-free, sugar-free, flax brownies I love. Serving healthy treats no one eats except me is not worth the effort.When I first made a batch of these Chocolate Covered Bananas I wasn’t sure if I would be eating all of them.
I had rolled them in crushed walnuts, pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds. Well, surprisingly they disappeared quite quickly. The feedback was great, they loved the nuts and especially the hemp seeds! With the recent change in temperature, these have been a great treat. I can’t make them fast enough since they disappear as soon as I put them in the freezer. They really are quite simple to make and provide a great alternative to store-bought frozen treats.
Chocolate Covered Bananas
8 ounces of dark chocolate
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 just ripe bananas
8 popsicle sticks
Options for rolling:
Chopped nuts or seeds, hemp or chia seeds, coconut flakes
1. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut bananas in half and insert popsicle sticks.
3. Melt chocolate in a double boiler, add vanilla, coconut oil and stir well.
4. Place chopped nuts, hemp, chia seeds and coconut in a shallow bowl.
5. Dip bananas in the melted chocolate and then roll in the crushed nuts and seeds.
6. Place bananas on the lined cookie sheet and freeze for at least 1 hour.
7. Once frozen, wrap individually until ready to eat.
For more vegetarian-friendly tips and tricks sign up for my newsletter.